San Sombrèro’s flag is the Camouflagio
- San Sombrèro is classified as a Totalinocracy, ruled over by an elected President answerable to the National Assembly of Right Wing Death Squads.
- The President serves a five-year term and may only be assassinated by a two-thirds majority of parliament.
- San Sombrèro boasts a bicameral system, consisting of an Upper House and a Dungeon.
- The National Assembly (asemblea Nacional) is San Sombrèro’s supreme constitutional body and is vest with ultimate control over the country (however, the Assembly’s influence has been greatly limited by the fact that, at any given time, most of its 590 members are in exile, in prison or lying in state).
- When the Assembly does meet it is usually to consider legislation proposed by the President, which it may chose to either:
- rubber stamp
- fast track, or
- pass unanimously before standing to perform a rousing rendition of the national anthem.
- Ministers are sworn in wearing their traditional robes – bulletproof vests.
- After a president dies there is an official two-week period of celebration.
In 1995 San Sombrèro held its first popular election, characterised by full freedom of the press, frank debates by rival candidates and the threat of death for anyone who voted against the president. To ensure transparency at the ballot box, transparent ballot boxes were used, with armed members of the military standing by to assist in selecting the correct candidate